Provision of education and research information only – always seek professional advice
This website is presented by Sydney Equestrian Physiotherapy and associated parties, for the purpose of providing health information free of charge for the benefit of the public. This website is not a substitute for independent professional healthcare advice. Nothing contained in this website is intended to be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your own healthcare professional’s advice. Sydney Equestrian Physiotherapy and associated parties do not accept any liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred by use of or reliance on the information.
Quality of information – always check the information
Sydney Equestrian Physiotherapy make every effort to ensure the quality of the information available on this website and updates the information regularly. Before relying on the information on this website, however, users should carefully evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes, and should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances. Sydney Equestrian Physiotherapy can not guarantee and assume no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information.
This Privacy Statement applies to the services offered by Sydney Equestrian Physiotherapy ABN 18359440862 (SEP). This Privacy Statement also pertains to the sephysio.com.au website.
Our registered address is 49 Whitmore Road Maraylya and our direct contact for any privacy queries or concerns is The Director on (02) 4573 6569.
Please read this statement carefully before using our website or entering into any transaction that may relate to your personal information.
We collect personal information with the consent of our patients and clients for the consideration of the provision of physiotherapy services; or the distribution of related news and information.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Names, addresses and contact details;
- Private health care details (where available) for identification and claiming purposes;
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, social history, family history and risk factors.
SEP may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you, for example:
- the information you provide to SEP in any Patient Registration Form or Pre-Exercise Screening;
- during the course of providing clinical services to you;
- from your guardian or responsible person (where practicable and necessary)
- from any other involved healthcare specialists
- site performance identifiers: these give us information about how our website is used. This helps us provide you with a more user-friendly experience.
- Analytics cookies: we use these to gather statistics about our site and apps. For example, they help us monitor how many users are on the site, and what sections are most popular.
It's important to know you can clear cookies or digital identifiers from your device and also disable future use of them by changing the security settings on your web browser. However, doing this might mean that parts of our website may not work as they should.
SEP may store your Personal Information in various forms including:
- Paper records;
- Electronic format; and
- As visual – x-rays, CT scans, videos and photographs;
SEP takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
Use and Disclosure
SEP may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide clinical services and treatments to you;
- for claims and payments
- to send you information (in the form of email or written) relating to our services
In some circumstances we may share your personal information within a wider group of professional service providers that may include:
- Case Managers
- Medical Practitioners
- Allied Health Professionals
- Other parties reasonably expected to be included in the treatment of your case
SEP may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who are engaged by SEP or for business purposes. These third parties are required to comply with this policy.
SEP may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or otherwise when you ask SEP to do so;
- when there is a statutory requirement for SEP to do so. In these circumstances, SEP will notify you that there is a statutory requirement to disclose certain personal information;
- to law enforcement and national security agencies and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law; and
- for the purpose of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of SEP assets or business.
SEP will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we disclose to a third-party is accurate, complete and up to date, and has been obtained directly from individuals or other reputable sources.
We will always provide individuals with a nil cost way of contacting us to register a request to "un-subscribe" from receiving further marketing or promotional offers. We will provide an un-subscribe opportunity with direct marketing offers in accordance with the legislation.
SEP undertake to either delete or permanently de-identify personal information upon request - however adequate proof of identify will be required prior to granting access or deletion of any record.
All SEP staff and contracted service providers are required to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
SEP will take every precaution to protect personal information from interception when being transmitted over the Internet, but due to the very nature of the Internet not being 100% secure, we are unable to provide absolute assurance that information provided will remain secure at all times. Therefore SEP will not be held responsible for events giving rise to unauthorised access to your personal information. Please be advised that you send your personal information at your own risk, however, this does not alter our commitment to your security.
Whilst visiting our website and browsing the information, you will not be required to identify yourself. However, if you wish to contact us via our online enquiry form, it is necessary for your identify to be disclosed to us.
You may contact SEP at the above address or - Email Us to request access to your personal information or make a complaint relating to privacy.